December Daily Tip #17
Build a better pizza.
Sunday night is pizza night at our house, and I know many of my clients enjoy pizza on a regular basis. Yes you can create a cauliflower crust, no sauce with olive oil and veggies pizza~but you may be the only one who wants to eat it. For those of you who just thought: “Where’s the recipe?”, don’t worry~we’ll post that soon. For those of you trying to please a larger crowd while staying on plan, a few quick changes can reduce the unhealthy fats and oils. Opt for:
- Thin, if possible whole wheat, crust. Or go crustless! Some restaurants do offer this, and it is often a vegetable based crust.
- Ask them to go light on the sauce.
- Choose red sauces over white, or skip the sauce and ask for olive oil instead
- Ask them to go light with the cheese
- Choose healthier toppings like Canadian Bacon or chicken instead of pepperoni
- Pile on the veggies!
- Enjoy a salad or cup of broth based soup PRIOR to your pizza