Want to make your resolutions “stick” in 2019? Take these 5 easy steps!
- Set your environment up for success. Clean out your kitchen, your car, your office…get rid of foods that are tempting and stock up on foods that are helpful to your goals. The more merciless you are in this cleanup, the easier your days will be!
- Understand why you want to make a change…then make it as emotionally charged and personal as possible. Most people give up on their goals because they are unable to stay motivated. When you tie your goals to what you really want, your chances of success increase. “I want to lose 10 pounds” is not nearly as motivating as “I want to feel comfortable in my favorite jeans”, or “I want to run a 5K this year”.
- Go for the easy wins first, then layer small changes on top of each other. Choose small manageable goals, make them a habit, then add on a new goal. An all or nothing mindset rarely works when making lasting change stick.
- Eat more veggies and fruit and less processed food. This simple change will reduce your sodium intake, reduce your added sugar intake, up your fiber (which will keep you fuller longer), AND improve the nutrition you are delivering to your body (which means you will FEEL better)!
- Build awareness. Whether you call it tracking, journaling, logging~keeping track of what you have eaten and how much you have moved each day can be key. Free resources to help you build this awareness include MyFitnessPal, MyPlate, and LoseIt.
Change IS possible~I see it every day in my coaching! If you’d like to schedule a free call to discuss how to make YOUR resolutions stick this year, click here to schedule a time that works for you.
May your choices today reflect your dreams for tomorrow!